Waste Reduction and Recycling
Special Events: October 24, 2019
Could you be a Zero Hero?
Strategies on Recycling and Waste Reduction in Halton Hills
Thursday October 24, 2019 from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Mold-Masters SportsPlex, Alcott Room (upstairs)
Hosted by the Halton/North Peel Naturalist Club hnpnc.com
This initiative is supported by the Town of Halton Hills Community Sustainability Investment Fund.
Waste Reduction Week in Canada is Oct. 21 – 27, 2019 and October 24 the day of the event is themed Plastics and Packaging day!
At this event we will:
- Discuss Global and Halton-specific issues – local garbage, recycling efforts and constraints.
- Explain why we urgently need to cut the use of plastics and reduce all kinds of waste.
- We will explain a variety of ways to reduce different kinds of waste and cut your use of plastics, particularly single use items.
- Showcase local businesses which provide alternative products.
- Provide participants with a free reusable sample, for example: reusable bag, take-out kit etc. There will be a variety offered while supplies last.
There is NO charge for the event so please register at the link
below but feel free to bring any last minute unregistered friends! We
need to reach as many interested people as possible!
Click here to register ZERO WASTE HERO
If you have a local business that provides or sells reusable
eco-friendly products and alternatives to single-use plastics, please go to Zero Hero Business Survey to fill out a quick survey so that we can promote your business at our event. Examples of questions: do you allow customers to bring their own containers to fill with product, do you sell reusable alternatives to single use products (reusable mugs, bags…) etc.