Outdoor Event Questions?
Contact Don Scallen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Snowy Owl Outing
Where: South west of Arthur
When: Sunday 16 Feb, 2020
Meeting Place: “Winner’s” parking lot, Georgetown **(see note below)
Departure Time: 11:30 a.m.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS OUTING IS OPEN TO CLUB MEMBERS ONLY
Since the Owls typically become active mid to late afternoon, we will leave Georgetown at 11:30am, and we will stay until dusk. We will spend most of the time driving around, but also some time out of the vehicles, so dress warmly, and bring hot drinks and snacks if you like.
FYI, the Tim Hortons is located beside the gas station at the intersection of Hwy 109 and Hwy 6 in Arthur.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE ARE NO FACILITIES AVAILABLE AFTER TIM HORTONS!
Monday Night Walks
To be announced
Halton North Peel Naturalist and South Peel Naturalist Clubs
All walks are on Mondays at 7:00pm
For more information, contact Bill McIlveen (519) 853-3948
Don’t miss out on the fun!
We have one or more outings every month throughout the year, guided by the most experienced naturalists in our club. The outings will be fairly casual affairs, meaning… you won’t have a lot of advance notice. We’ll announce the details at each meeting, often along the lines of “hey I’m going out to do/see this next weekend, anyone want to come?”
We’ll follow-up with a club email, and post the details here, on Facebook, and on Twitter.
If you can’t make a club meeting, make sure you sign up for our newsletter to stay in the loop.
Note: For liability reasons, you must be a fully paid member of the Halton North Peel Naturalist Club, and you must have our registration form completed, to participate in our field outings. Please join!
Past Field Trips
- Dec 27 – Christmas Bird Count
- Nov 17 – Late Flowering Plants Survey
- Nov 2 – Woody vegetation removal FCPP
- Oct 1 – Nest Box Cleaning at Forks of the Credit
- Sep 29 – Nest Box Cleaning at Scotsdale Farm
- Sep 27 – Duck Identification and Bird Walk at Scotch Block.
- Sep 14 – Mothing and Caterpillars
- Jun 11 – Birdbox Monitoring at Scotsdale Farm
- May 25 – A Pollinator and Biodiversity Workshop
- May 19 – Spring Birding at Thickson Wood, Lynde Shores Conservation Area and Cranberry Marsh
- May 4 – Community Nature Walk and Clean Up
- April 22 – Timberdoodles Scotsdale Farm
- April 13 – Beamer Conservation AreaHawkwatch, Grimsby
- March 16 – Tundra Swans at Long Point
- March 3 – Animal Tracking at Terra Cotta Conservation
- February 23 – Animal Tracking at Terra Cotta Conservation
- January 13 – Winter Trees and Birds in the Hand
- January 6 – Snowy Owls, Snow Buntings and Other Winter Songbirds
- December 27 – Christmas Bird Count
- November 11 – Survey of late blooming plants.
- October 28 – Bird Box Cleaning at Scotsdale Farm
- October 21 – Norway Maple removal at Silver Creek
- October 14 – Bird Box Cleaning at Forks of the Credit
- September 30 – Bird Box Cleaning at Scotsdale Farm
- September 15 – Group Litter Pick Up in Georgetown
- September 8 -Mothing at Fiona Reid’s Niagara Escarpment property
- July 21 – Dragonflies with David D’Entremont
- July 21 – Mothapaooza in Speyside
- June 23/24 – Outing to Carden Alvar
- June 16 – Moths, caterpillars, frogs and other creatures of the night
- May 20 – Spring Birding at Thickson Wood, Lynde Shores Conservation Area and Cranberry Marsh
- May 12 – World Migratory Bird Day
- May 5 – Woodland wildflowers and early-arriving birds
- April 22 – Bird Box Installation at Forks of the Credit Provincial Park
- April 21 – Beamer Conservation Area Hawkwatch
- April 20 – Woodcocks at Forks of the Credit Provincial Park
- April 13 – Salamanders at Silver Creek Education Centre
- March 17 – Tundra Swans at Long Point
- February 17 – Owls at Claireville Conservation Area
- January 28 – Winter Bird Outing for Snowy Owls