Bird Studies Canada is conducting SwiftWatch, a long-term monitoring program, with the goal of raising awareness and helping species recovery.
You can help by:
- Reporting swift sightings so we know where birds are flying during the day/evening
- Locating roost sites by observing swifts entering chimneys at dusk (8-9:15PM)
- Volunteering with the Halton SwiftWatch Program where you will be assigned to a known roost site, and will spend one to four evenings in the spring monitoring it for bird activity; May 20, 24, 28, June 1 from 8-9:15PM
- Contact Emily Dobson at HaltonSwift@hotmail.com if you have seen a swift, found a roost site or are interested in volunteering!
Swift Night Out Events
Please join families, community members, biologists, and naturalists in enjoying the spectacular evening display of chimney swifts.
Bring your lawn chair, camera, and binoculars.
- Acton: Monday, May 18, 2015 from 8-9:15PM
- Milton: Saturday, May 23 from 8-9:15PM
- Oakville: Thursday, June 4 from 8-9:15PM
- Oakville: Monday, August 10 from 8-9:15PM
All are welcome!
Please contact Emily Dobson at HaltonSwift@hotmail.com for more
information and to RSVP.